"The mission of Communities In Schools is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life."
CIS offers several services to the students which include, but not limited to:
* Chat N Chew - during students lunch hour, Its is a class that focus on preparing for life through issues such as dropout prevention, college awareness, leadership skills, healthy relationships, social skills and encouraging students to develop a strong self-image.
* DARE program – For 5th Grade - teach students good decision-making skills to help lead them to safe and responsible lives.
* In School Girl Scout program – K-5-through 6th grade students NO COST
* PALs - Mentoring – adult and High School students working with a student one on one on academics and social skills.
* Free eye exams & glasses - for qualifying students by partnering with VSP (Vision Source Program)
* Outside Resources and Information on counseling - such as drug abuse, mental health and student and family counseling.
* Medicaid / C.H.I.P.S. Insurance Information
* CIS Field Trip Incentive - CIS will coordinate an end-of-the school year field trip as a way of celebrating student’s success during the school year a group of 65 or more.
Please browse our website at www.cistxjv.org for additional information about CIS and all the services that we provide, like us on Facebook. Communities In Schools-Texas Joint Venture https://www.facebook.com/cistxjv.org
CIS is a program housed within the elementary campus that offers services to the students during the school hours. CIS is dedicated to meeting the needs of the students at Barrow Elementary to provide supportive guidance, health and human services, parental involvement, career awareness, enrichment, and academics in a personal one-to-one relationship. CIS supports the students’ positive growth and achievement by addressing individual needs in a caring, personalized, holistic, and accountable manner.
I believe that your child will benefit from involvement in CIS. All services are provided at NO COST to the students and their families who are enrolled in the CIS program.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you and I look forward to working with you and your child.